- Do what you love and love what you do – be passionate about IT, technologies and people.
- Know your IT and do IT – there is no substitute for experience and know-how.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. My greatest success have followed failures. Character is built from failures and what you do afterwards.
- Don’t strive for perfection. Perfection limits innovation by setting an arbitrary & unnecessary ceiling. Innovation is unbounded!
- Build your trusted network of techie friends, peers, colleagues and resources – know whose info you can trust. Return that trust by earning & maintaining that trust.
- Strength and honor – policies, processes & people-in-charge change; but your principles should never waver.
- Remember those who have helped you grow and those who have stood in your way. Be thankful for both of them.
Finally, I believe that if you have meaningful conversations and create compelling technical content tailored to customer needs and pain points, customers will be shaking your hand more often and less likely to look at your throat to choke.